Medit i700 scanners
We LOVE our scanners, and we have three of them: one Carestream and 2 Medit. They are fast and accurate; they help us create 3D replicas of our patient's teeth and gums for our clear aligners and various appliances. Gone are the trays of silicone putty or “goop” that patients found so unpleasant. Instead, you can experience a much more comfortable, digital impression process, as well as faster appointments.
Soft tissue laser recontouring
Soft tissue laser treatments include gum reshaping, gum surgery, surgical exposures of impacted teeth, and muscle attachment improvements such as frenectomies and tongue ties.
There are several benefits to receiving laser therapy dental treatment, such as:
- limited local anesthesia
- Treatments are more comfortable.
- quick and painless recovery time compared with traditional treatment methods.
- There is a less potential chance of bacterial infection
- the laser light does very precise cuts and stops the bleeding at the same time.
To learn more about laser dentistry and how you may benefit from cosmetic gingival recontouring/laser treatment for soft tissue, TMD or bleaching/teeth whitening, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment.
Using the most advanced dental technology is just as worthwhile as staying up to date on the latest treatment techniques. Because our practice is dedicated to providing you with the safest and most convenient treatment options available, we utilize advanced digital X-ray technology.
This provides several advanced and enhanced imaging options designed to save time and expose patients to less radiation than traditional X-ray technology. However, we are cognizant of the side effects of radiation and use ALARA principles: "as low as reasonably achievable", meaning only take x-rays if needed, just enough to diagnose and use protective measures in radiation safety and shielding.
Our practice is focused on making your dental experience as comfortable as possible. At your next appointment, we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Cone Beam CBCT Imaging
Digital CT imaging systems enable us to provide quick, comfortable, and effective imaging for the most precise diagnosis and treatment planning possible. Our office is pleased to offer 3D digital CBCT imaging for patients that need:
- Dental implants
- Wisdom teeth extractions
- orthodontic traction of Impacted permanent teeth
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images for orthognathic surgery
Special features for patients include:
- One 20-second scan that provides enough data for a complete diagnosis
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners
- Increased comfort; patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space
- A more cost-effective imaging system
- Data that can be easily shared with patients and referring dentists so all parties stay informed
Come and see for yourself what it’s like to undergo a more advanced, patient-friendly experience.