Meet Your Downers Grove Orthodontist
As a board-certified orthodontic specialist, I am committed to helping my patients with all their orthodontic needs. I am proud to offer FREE consultations with panoramic and cephalometric X-rays, pictures, digital 3D scans, and 3D CBCTs for patients of all ages.
With so many orthodontic treatment options, I will help you sift through the clutter, discuss multiple options and select what fits your lifestyle and individual needs. With 20 years of experience in the clinical trenches, I personally see each patient at each visit to ensure they receive the best possible care and outcome.
Why an Orthodontist in Downers Grove?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Radu continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Radu has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Downers Grove Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Downers Grove orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Downers Grove orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Premier Orthodontics & Dental Specialists is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Downers Grove area.